Are you wondering if it is worth retaining a lawyer for a car accident injury? Motor vehicle accidents are increasing every year in New York. There are around 316 deaths recorded every year in motor vehicle accidents. New York is a No-Fault state which means that a driver of a motor vehicle should have PIP coverage. PIP coverage is insurance for the medical, and other economic and non-economic damages. In an accident in a no-fault state, no matter who is at fault, the damages are more than likely covered by the driver’s insurance. Here is the more clarification on this topic.
Who pays for medical care after a car accident?
- If you are driving a car then your own insurance company will cover the damages.
- When you are travelling in a bus and have insurance coverage then the bus is responsible to pay for the damages.
- If you are riding a bicycle and hit by the car, then the car’s insurance company will pay for the damages.
This is a very good method to understand who pays no-fault after an accident. It helps to save time and apply within the time. If you faced a no-fault accident and suffered from economic and non-economic damages, then you must file the no-fault application. The no-fault application must be sent to the insurance carrier within 30 days after the accident. The details of non-economic damages such loss of wage, depression, pain and suffering must be clearly documented to the insurance carrier.
Why should you proceed with lawyer for a car accident?
If you have faced economic and non-economic injuries in a no-fault accident, then you may consider proceeding with the help of an attorney. The personal injury attorney is the best choice for these types of claims. Personal injury attorneys will help to calculate the damages, drafting the required documents, investigation, in collecting the facts and admissible evidence. The personal injury attorney will professionally proceed the case and help you in getting the maximum compensation against the damages.
The majority personal injury attorneys sign the contingency fee agreement with their clients. This agreement is a good and satisfactory method for the client to proceed the claim before the insurance company. In contingency fee agreement the personal injury attorney agrees to typically receive between 33% to 40% from the final settlement amount. However, this amount can fluctuate depending on the lawyer or firm. You can make your decision whether or not to get a lawyer for a car accident case here are some things to remember when deciding:
- There is no legal fee and other legal expenditures in this agreement.
- Increases the maximum winning chances of the claimed amount because the personal benefit of the attorney is bound in this type of agreement. The attorney puts in all the effort and professionalism to win the claim and receive the settled or award amount.
- It saves the legal expenditures of the injured party during the proceeding of the case. There will be no upfront lawyer fees to deal with.
* The information provided for you on the injuryattorney.net does not constitute any attorney-client relationship. The information on this website is not based on any specific case. It is intended to serve as an example of what you may expect when perusing a lawsuit with an attorney.